logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Col3man21  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 4:16:40 PM(UTC)
Col3man21

Groups: Registered

In mission 3 I Have just blown up the bridge from the church rooftop. However what I am stuck on is how to destroy the Russian tank? Cursing Can't see a fuel cap to fire it. While firing randomly I did get a bullet cam and it looked like I burst a pipe but I continued at the same place with another 100 or so bullets and no luck! Any help would be much appreciated!!!
vonKaiser  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 4:21:10 PM(UTC)
vonKaiser

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The one that comes out shooting at you can be destroyed by a gas tank shot. The ones that didn't go into the river after blowing the bridge are just kind of there.
“Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world." – Kaiser Wilhelm

Col3man21  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 4:22:31 PM(UTC)
Col3man21

Where is the gas tank though? Can't seem to find!?
vonKaiser  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 5:20:30 PM(UTC)
vonKaiser

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Trying to remember, Russian tank not the German one. They should be on the sides closer to the turret as opposed to the Tiger that has them on the rear, look more like someone took a large barrel and strapped it to the tank. Just look it over in binocular view and look for something red and you should be good to go.

Think it's the IS-2 Model tank, going from memory while I'm here at work

UserPostedImage

Big barrel things in the back are the gas tanks.
“Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world." – Kaiser Wilhelm

ch0pp3r  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 5:58:08 PM(UTC)
ch0pp3r

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 101 post(s)
Yeah the russian tanks have the cap on the side, the germans have them on the back!
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many, to so few.
Winston Churchill 1874-1965

PSN: BrutalBarracuda

Hitler's Reaction to Sniper Elite v2: http://youtu.be/PP0kXDww8l0
billyd47  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 11:03:18 AM(UTC)
billyd47

You cannot blow up the tank at the bridge. Look straight across the river in the park and you will see one shooting at you. If is turned to its side and there is a red fuel tank cap near the back. I had the same problem as you did.
flow23  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 5:37:52 PM(UTC)
flow23

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
reds tank shoot fuel tank, german is a bit tricky. there
is a small metal spot at the rear of the tank, right
side if you look at it frontal. it sparkles a bit if you
check via monoculars
thanks 1 user thanked flow23 for this useful post.
cyberwrox on 1/11/2014(UTC)
Salty  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2012 5:10:36 AM(UTC)
Salty

I too am attempting to "survive" the 2nd wave of attacks and can't locate the "detenation" spot on a tank. been shooting at evey bump and spot on the tank for days.. (I am up in the church) Tank is not presenting any alternate angles so I can't see any "red" caps. I seem to get a slow motion bullet when shooting at a visor hole in the front but no effect after the one shot. any advise will be appreciated Confused
sumukhc  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:39:01 AM(UTC)
sumukhc

There are 2 cylindrical tubes on the right hand corner of the tank as shown in the picture in one of the previous posts. On the front tube there is a red dot. You should hit the red dot with the bullet to blow up the tank.
Jager  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:37:14 PM(UTC)
Jager

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
sumukhc wrote:
There are 2 cylindrical tubes on the right hand corner of the tank as shown in the picture in one of the previous posts. On the front tube there is a red dot. You should hit the red dot with the bullet to blow up the tank.

Yep, trouble is, the red caps are difficult to see, so here's a link for
a video (not mine) showing what to do, the part you guys want is 20 minutes in.BigGrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiXBv0bu8AE
I have no idea what I'm doing, but thats
never stopped me before!
Creases  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:04:56 PM(UTC)
Creases

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 55 post(s)
If you go in with most dynamite you can carry and lay it on the road leading to the bridge with a trip mine or land mine at the edge of the bridge it will be triggered by the runnin troops and will take out the troops and tanks no need to shoot charges and more points for you scoreBigGrin BigGrin
Aarius  
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:59:56 AM(UTC)
Aarius

This is from a Single Player - Difficulty CUSTOM perspective. After START GAME I immediately R/B to Map/Objectives and choose the GEWEHR 43, Thomson M1 and Colt M 1911. (That's my choice, not required) Just before sniping the explosive bag you have to climb so squat by the wall until heart BPM settles to 62. Move to and squat on the planks facing the bridge. Immediately place your cross-hairs on the explosive you placed earlier. Back off the left/trigger and zoom but don't move the weapon so that when you squeeze the L/trigger and zoom again you are lined up to fire. Watch the running troops enter the bridge. When the 2nd tank IS ON the bridge re acquire the explosive packet and you can still see the 3rd tank about to enter bridge. split-second timing here. squeeze off a round. The THIRD tank will likely still be shown after a truly great explosion - where most of the games memory was likely used and maybe why you can't shoot or move other things. (opinion). Use your binocular vision at full and it will show troops in the tank, (Russian IS-2 tank, 4 occupants, D25T 122 mm cannon 7.62. mm machine gun) however it has been disabled by the massive explosion. (Why can you still TAG occupants - ask the writers, I have NO CLUE.) You will not see any red lights to shoot. You can pump a thousand rounds into it at every point and nothing, nada, zip (Except as you move around the bullet holes heal - go figure) You will also notice that the great big gun mounted on it does not seek you and fire at you - it's disabled. Personally I want to blow it to smithereens but the writers didn't open that possibility. You can't reach it with a grenade and by now you've got a hundred Red Army troops AND a rogue tank coming out of a GLITCH filled phantom park that you have to snipe. LONG explanation but detailed and accurate.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER
Gremlinium  
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:15:13 PM(UTC)
Gremlinium

Salty wrote:
I too am attempting to "survive" the 2nd wave of attacks and can't locate the "detenation" spot on a tank. been shooting at evey bump and spot on the tank for days.. (I am up in the church) Tank is not presenting any alternate angles so I can't see any "red" caps. I seem to get a slow motion bullet when shooting at a visor hole in the front but no effect after the one shot. any advise will be appreciated Confused

Really? Just shoot the front vent, aim at full zoom behind the cannon (at the side) and there should be at least one cap visible from one side. Unless you're talking about the small armoured vehicle which has 4 caps on the very front. I thought that was the vehicle in wave 2. The tank is in wave 3.Huh
And I cracked that fool's head like I crush a can, single handedly and with skill.
macmanccg  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:52:14 PM(UTC)
macmanccg

OK
Forward Cylinder, forward facing you. Red cap as seen through binoculars. Zoom in and you can get the good look.

Good Luck
desetsniper  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:51:57 PM(UTC)
desetsniper

I usually leave a stick of two on the road before the bridge. Once on top of the building shoot the dynamite and the tanks will blow up.
DrHoovesTennent  
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 7:38:07 AM(UTC)
DrHoovesTennent

@ Salty: hey, noticed these are older posts but also noticed others answered the wrong tank. So, if you or others are stuck on this one, it's a 2 shot solution. 1st at the vent chamber ... right of the two squares in front off the tank's body. 2nd is the fuel tank ... far upper right corner as the tank is angled in your initial position. It's an exact shot to the fuel cap ... Top center of that 'box'. You can't see it like the red dot on the tank you have to take out earlier after blowing up the bridge. If you hold breath zoom on top of it ... it is a very faded 'dot' at best. That is how you move on.