logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hammbone  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 5:42:49 AM(UTC)
Hammbone

Groups: Registered

Here's a bug for ya and it's a big one. Everyone is dead in the plaza. There are no yellow diamonds to follow. One is able to climb a barracade and walk right off the map and fall to your death. The Plaza is secure and no yellow diamonds to follow.All snipers are dead. How does one move on from the Plaza? 20+ hours was spent tring to get past this. I'm about ready to chuck this game in the trash.Confused Angry Bored Cursing Mad Any Ideas?

Edited by moderator Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:21:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gho5t-tek  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 9:14:01 AM(UTC)
gho5t-tek

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I cant quite remember but i think there is a waypoint on the second floor, where you should of sniped from in order to trigger next stage, its not finished until you get to the far side, defend your position, protect your comrade and stop the assination....done all that?.
Hammbone  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 12:55:41 PM(UTC)
Hammbone

There are no way points on any floor.There isnt any one to rescue either.And once you climb over a street barracade you will walk off the game map and fall into eturnity and die. There isnt a way point any where in the Plaza, its buildings,or anywhere in this level.Confused
Hammbone  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:01:06 PM(UTC)
Hammbone

When I start this level, there is one yellow diamond to follow.After reaching a point in the street or in a building a text apears and says Secure the Plaza. After killing everyone there. and going into the library killing the 2 on the stairs. No yellow diamond shows up on the third floor near a busted out wall. I have seen video's of the game play on youtube and I never get a chance to kill the germany officer thats going to shoot the scienctist. The game play stops and I'm for ever stuck in the Plaza. What am I missing? I have spent hours in this game in the plaza and no further diamonds (way points) apear.
SEV2Support  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:18:50 PM(UTC)
SEV2Support

Groups: Registered, Moderator, Administrators
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 131 post(s)
Hi Hammbone,

Had a chat with the experts this end. The most likely problem is that there is an enemy somewhere that you have not killed, so the Plaza is not yet fully "secure".
(You may find it easiest to restart the level completely, however...)
(btw, have added to the thread name for clarity)

For your convenience here is a simple walkthrough for some of the level "Opernplatz"
(don't want to spoil any surprises)
Obviously there are many possible slight variations to complete a mission.

-
Level start-
Moving off, looking left you will see 3 enemy soldiers at the end of the street.
Deal with them, move to that area, looking right you will see an alley.
Follow it, look for a door on the left, go into that building.
Deal quietly with any enemies here, search the entire building to be sure.

Looking out of the windows at the enemy held plaza, you have a choice:
1. Be Cautious - Observe(tag?), plan, then snipe all the enemies you can see, being methodical and using sounds to mask your shots. Change position to look around and be sure.
2. Be Bold - Prepare defences for a sniping position using mines and traps. Then start dealing with the visible enemies in the Plaza (don't worry about making noise). Be prepared for enemies to try rushing your position, and enemy reinforcements may arrive.

Be careful about assuming you are safe if everything goes quiet. The snipers around the plaza may still be around. Look carefully at the buildings around the Plaza with your binoculars or scope.

You need to get into the library (the yellow marker should show you, the building on the right of the Plaza as you were looking at it), but be cautious for more enemies in this building.
-

Another way to help you secure the Plaza (using your existing savegame), would be to make some noise and see who comes to investigate. Following that, try searching the entire Plaza and the buildings around it for enemy.

Hope this helps,
Let me know how you get on.

Jim

Edited by user Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:22:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SEV2Support
Use the "Report?" button for inappropriate / misplaced posts and type a quick reason / explanation.
SE:V2 PC support - Sev2_support@rebellion.co.uk (attach your DxDiag file)
Detailed PC Technical Fault Finding & Support Information - http://sniperelitev2.com....aspx?g=posts&t=1707
SE:V2 Console support - consolesupport@505games.co.uk
thanks 1 user thanked SEV2Support for this useful post.
Hammbone on 11/26/2012(UTC)
Hammbone  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:16:30 AM(UTC)
Hammbone

Beleave me I thankyou for the help and pointers. I have watched all the youtube videos about this plaza. I have made it to the library third floor. I can go and sit out in the plaza (for hours) and no one takes a shot at me.
It's like I get to the library and the game just stalls in play. Besides a helmut sitting over the end of a gun, there is nothing to shoot at. I have killed every SOB in the Plaza. Walked around this plaza for hours on end waiting for someone to take a pot shot at me. I was even able to climb over a road block and fall right off the game map to my death. Im truely stuck!!!! I have been gaming for a while,and none of the other sniper games have done this to me.I have searched every inch of every building,walked around the total game map for this Plaza level and there is nothing left to do. I am beginning to wonder if my game disk is bad. It looks fine to me no scratches what so ever. I have picked up all the bars of gold and hooch in this section. Im really no dummy here.
Like I say I can sit out in the plaza or walk around and nothing happens.No one takes a shot at me and looking out the third floor of the library waiting on the truck to arrive never happens. I have done everything in your above mentioned reply. No one meets up with me either. Im really wondering if I do have a bad game disk....

Edited by user Monday, November 26, 2012 6:18:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SEV2Support  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 11:21:05 AM(UTC)
SEV2Support

Groups: Registered, Moderator, Administrators
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 131 post(s)
Hi Hammbone,

Hmmm. Very strange. Have had another chat with the experts this end. We don't think it is a bad disc (that would normally show up as a "disc read error" or similar).

We think the problem is as follows: you have probably got to that point in the mission in an unusually sneaky and ingenious way, which has "confused" the game or the enemy AI. It is very unusual for this to happen, the game devs put a lot of time into making checkpoints / objectives / enemy AI respond sensibly to different methods of progressing through a level. One possibility is that the order that you killed the enemy in the Plaza meant that the game did not "recognise" your progress.

My best suggestion to solve this problem is to restart the mission.

Sorry to suggest you should "go back" on your progress, but this will almost certainly fix the issue.

Regards,
Jim
SEV2Support
Use the "Report?" button for inappropriate / misplaced posts and type a quick reason / explanation.
SE:V2 PC support - Sev2_support@rebellion.co.uk (attach your DxDiag file)
Detailed PC Technical Fault Finding & Support Information - http://sniperelitev2.com....aspx?g=posts&t=1707
SE:V2 Console support - consolesupport@505games.co.uk
thanks 1 user thanked SEV2Support for this useful post.
Hammbone on 11/26/2012(UTC)
Hammbone  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 3:46:08 PM(UTC)
Hammbone

Yes I had thought the same thing too,So I went back a level and started over.Shooting russians,blowing up the tank, taking out the bridge. Come down out of the museum. Going back up that small square and clearing out alll of the germans this time. Making it to the end again Mission accomplished.
Again at the Opernplatz mission, I see the first three at the end of the block,snipe them, go back to the alley way go into building snipe one on first floor,go up stairs and get another.Load up on ammo go up to third floor and start marking targets. Waiting for sounds to mask my shots I start taking out the sniper first. Moving on to the fellow on the left a top of the stairs, Fellows in the court yard. At this point I'm spotted reguardless of being hidden. I run out of that building the same way I came into it and plant a boobie trap at the door way.Make my way to where the first three were sniped and lay down in the street behind a clump of grass and wait till they start rushing me.After taking out the first rush of germans, I search bodies,take munitions ect ect. I'm rushed again I pull back to the same spot and take out more.. Once all of these are dead I proceed to the first truck,just before I get there a sniper apears to my left on top of a building to my left. Take him out and take another out in the far building at the far end. Moving to my left in the same street I get behind a burned out car and snipe another in the library.I also see a helmut over the end of a rifle. By this time the plaza is free of targets. I then move on to the library and take 2 more out on the stairs. But after that there is nothing to shoot at. I can walk around and check stuff out and nothing happens. At this point in the game at this level, I'm free to stay as long in the plaza and nothing happens.Compairing my game play to the youtube video's I've seen I dont do much different from the video's. Can you tell me what the total body count is for this level? I really dont think I have missed anything here. Even after going back a level my game play still stalls in this plaza...
Hammbone  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:32:20 PM(UTC)
Hammbone

It doesnt matter how I approch this plaza. Different asault plans from different directions, doesnt matter the game for me stalls in this plaza. I'm placing this game on the shelf. It has a flaw in it big time.After all it's just a game made by a human.
SepticSid  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:28:54 PM(UTC)
SepticSid

United Kingdom
Location: Lost somewhere in the middle of Africa without a clue which way to look!

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Then how come I have finished it twice?
I have done that level (must have done) and not got this?
Have fun - its only a game. (pity not all can treat it as such).
Jager  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:56:49 PM(UTC)
Jager

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
SepticSid wrote:
Then how come I have finished it twice?
I have done that level (must have done) and not got this?

Same here Sid, I've played that level (XBOX360) several times and never got that glitch, very odd.Blink
I have no idea what I'm doing, but thats
never stopped me before!
quicogalante  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 4:29:31 PM(UTC)
quicogalante

Hammbone wrote:
It doesnt matter how I approch this plaza. Different asault plans from different directions, doesnt matter the game for me stalls in this plaza. I'm placing this game on the shelf. It has a flaw in it big time.After all it's just a game made by a human.

Same issue here. I could have The Rolling Stones for a concert at the plaza, and nothing would happen.

Been replaying over 20 times, to see if it fixed itself...nothing. NO YELLOW MARKERS.
You are not alone, ive encountered many people with this problem

SepticSid  
#13 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 7:18:32 PM(UTC)
SepticSid

United Kingdom
Location: Lost somewhere in the middle of Africa without a clue which way to look!

Then your not good enough to continue, back to sniper school for you.

Did you pick up the duckdoo ?
quicogalante  
#14 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:48:42 PM(UTC)
quicogalante

SepticSid wrote:
Then your not good enough to continue, back to sniper school for you.

Did you pick up the duckdoo ?

Well, i got another copy of the game, and cleared the level. Bottom line, there was someting wrong with the game.

Edited by user Friday, February 01, 2013 10:49:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SepticSid  
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 1:37:03 PM(UTC)
SepticSid

United Kingdom

Great.

But - Dang no one fell for the question....
Arthur_Ritus  
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 11:16:37 AM(UTC)
Arthur_Ritus

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Haha,

Quacks...
thanks 1 user thanked Arthur_Ritus for this useful post.
SepticSid on 2/3/2013(UTC)
Alien Nate  
#17 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 9:44:36 PM(UTC)
Alien Nate

I was just playing this level on my XBOX 360....I've been through this level before and never had a problem. I am this time. Joined this forum just to make this comment and see if others had trouble with it. Don't know what the problem is. Guess I'll start the level over again. I really enjoy the game. Went to a firing range last week and one guy had an old Mosin-Nagant rifle like the one in the game....It was fun to shoot. Loud as a cannon....Later...back to the recliner and joystick.....
Euler13  
#18 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 1:13:59 PM(UTC)
Euler13

I can report exactly the same problem (Xbox 360).

I've read on another forum that there is a particular sniper who appears for a short period (I don't know his location) but if he walks away he never returns. Possibly he falls down a hole or gets stuck somewhere?

This glitch definitely needs to be fixed as up to this point I've really been enjoying this game, however, this frustrating bug has taken away a lot of the fun.
PropaneCrazy  
#19 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 7:00:28 PM(UTC)
PropaneCrazy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Euler13 wrote:
I can report exactly the same problem (Xbox 360).

I've read on another forum that there is a particular sniper who appears for a short period (I don't know his location) but if he walks away he never returns. Possibly he falls down a hole or gets stuck somewhere?

This glitch definitely needs to be fixed as up to this point I've really been enjoying this game, however, this frustrating bug has taken away a lot of the fun.

The sniper you are referring to is at the far end of the Plaza and sometimes he goes into crawl mode and gets stuck in the door-way. That wouldn't affect the Plaza being cleared as those snipers only appear after the Plaza is cleared.
Frustrated  
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:50:29 PM(UTC)
Frustrated

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem - as soon as I get to the plaza, all the waypoints are gone. The problem has been allready explained more than well, so I'm not going to do it again.
I can imagine better suggestion than just "restart the mission"...
Anyway, I paid for the game (X360), 'cause I like it, so damn it, I want to play it and I'm stuck in the third mission!
I think people should pay for software, but only once, so I'm going to download the PC version (it looks better anywayBigGrin ).