logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StalinAndHisSVT  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:22:05 PM(UTC)
StalinAndHisSVT

Groups: Registered

Platform - Xbox 360
Map - Quarry
Gamemode - Team Death Match No Cross

Myself and 'CallingZep dude' and 'paulm09' and a random were playing on the Axis team tonight (17/01/03) at around 2200hrs UK Time. A player who's gamertag is 'bigbillybob95' exploited the game by crossed the map into our territory and luckily I turned to my right and noticed him creeping up on our side to which I delivered a shot and killed him. Just to remind that the game mode we played was Team Death Match No Cross.

I have a few other friends who play this game on a daily basis who only play Team Death Match No Cross. They follow the rules and don't exploit the game in any way, but they have reported issues to myself and others in the past regarding 'bigbillybob95'.

Please get something sorted, look forward to your reply.

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:26:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SepticSid  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:31:58 PM(UTC)
SepticSid

United Kingdom
Location: Lost somewhere in the middle of Africa without a clue which way to look!

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 60 post(s)
If it is no cross, how did he cross the barbed wire?

If there is a glitch then they cannot do anything about it until they are told where it is.

So next time don't just stand there like a one of these and watch how he crosses. :)

UserPostedImage

LOL LOL

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:33:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Have fun - its only a game. (pity not all can treat it as such).
StalinAndHisSVT  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 12:03:40 AM(UTC)
StalinAndHisSVT

How did he cross? Thats a good question however had I known then I would of pointed it out. If there is a glitch with the game and the gamer is aware of his actions by exploiting the multiplier maps then surely something should be done. As im sure you would feel it ruins the game play not just for yourself but for others who wish to play the game they way it should and not have people exploiting it and ruining it.

How ever stating that im acting like the picture stumps me. But to ask for me to watch how he crosses next time isnt the point. Surely if im on a NO Cross match then I shouldnt have to watch for people crossing the border.
soulreaver 666  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:12:30 AM(UTC)
soulreaver 666

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
a cheap nasty trick and it happens on the ps3 as well seems the host of the game can change game settings after they die and before they respawn seen it a few times. also they can change the dificulty settings as well had that happen as well. IE from sniper elite to marksman . once the game settings are entered shouls stay the same till end game. get a private game going and see for yourself .
thanks 1 user thanked soulreaver 666 for this useful post.
SepticSid on 1/18/2013(UTC)
SEV2Support  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 11:53:32 AM(UTC)
SEV2Support

Groups: Registered, Moderator, Administrators
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 131 post(s)
Hi guys,

(Let's not argue or insult each other, please.)

As you probably know, before any software element is released, it is very thoroughly tested by a team of people. (In fact, more than one team). The no-cross maps were all specifically tested with regard to their main purpose - to be "uncrossable" by players.
Despite such testing it is almost impossible to completely prevent occasional small glitches and bugs.

If you are aware of some way for a player to cross a no-cross map, we definitely want to hear about it. However, it is vital to give us full details for us to be able to do anything about it. The information we will need is:
1. The Platform you were playing on (PS3, XBox360)
2. The Game mode
3. The map name
4. Where and How the player crossed the map

Ideally, screenshots and a full description would be best, but I know that most people won't have that facility. If you are only able to give a text description, please make an effort to be really clear and precise.

On to the other topic: A host changing game settings during a game.
This is not possible. I've just spent some time double-checking and trying for myself. The host of a game (like all other players) when dead, can only respawn, nothing else.

What I think you may be seeing is: a game ending, all players in the lobby, the host changing the settings for the next game, and people not noticing that the settings have been changed. The settings are displayed on the screen in the lobby.

Try it yourself: you will find that as a game host, you can only change the settings in between games, in the lobby. When you are dead during a game, all you can do is respawn.

Regards,
Jim

Edited by user Monday, January 21, 2013 11:01:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SEV2Support
Use the "Report?" button for inappropriate / misplaced posts and type a quick reason / explanation.
SE:V2 PC support - Sev2_support@rebellion.co.uk (attach your DxDiag file)
Detailed PC Technical Fault Finding & Support Information - http://sniperelitev2.com....aspx?g=posts&t=1707
SE:V2 Console support - consolesupport@505games.co.uk
StalinAndHisSVT  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 3:55:52 PM(UTC)
StalinAndHisSVT

'Paulm09' hosted the match and I asked him about it and he said that he didnt change the game mode. I have avoided 'bigbillybob95' and others who were on the axis team (Same team as me) as I and my team do not want to play games which it involves a one of the minority of players exploiting maps.

Unfortunately I don't have a screen shot as the incident from spotting 'bigbillybob95' to taking the shot took no longer than a second or 2. I am just angry that someone was willing to cheat to gain the upper hand.
SepticSid  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 6:01:12 PM(UTC)
SepticSid

United Kingdom
Location: Lost somewhere in the middle of Africa without a clue which way to look!

The picture above was meant as humour, you must have missed the smilies. (I found the pic and just wanted to post it - all it needs is a uniform.)

If it is a glitch then it's not fair if a player does it, however I'd wait until it happens again and rather than shout at them ask them to explain how they did it.

If there is a point in the map that allows someone to cross then Rebellion need to know.

If they do not know how it is done then they cannot fix it, it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Have you reported his gamertag to microsoft for unfair practises? Given that you have publicly named and shamed him?
toothdoc57  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 6:27:33 PM(UTC)
toothdoc57

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The ability to crossover on a No Cross map exists - at least for QUARRY and I am told for COAST as well. I learned of the cheat approx 3 or 4 days ago. I have played a few No Cross games during which I saw one of my team on the other side. I had (up until now) assumed that the map had been changed to Cross prior to the match starting and that I failed to notice. I was wrong.

When I was shown how to crossover in Quarry I was playing with a lobby full of friends and we informed them that we were going to test it to see if it was possible. Everyone on both teams knew what we were doing and it was meant to confirm that the cheat is possible. I fired not even a single shot. I shall never use it, but I like knowing where and how it occurs in the event I suspect another player of cheating in this manner.

It would be much easier to describe verbally, but it involves going down to the locomotive (in QUARRY). It requires the presence of a teammate as well. I'm not sure I could even replicate the maneuver, but I was able to crawl around the teammate and cross over.

Unfortunately, it seems that there are those playing the game who do this on a regular/continual basis. I will not call them out publicly.

Jim - I would be happy to speak with you about it if you like (although I am on the other side of the pond).

Edited by user Friday, January 18, 2013 6:35:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SEV2Support  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 11:38:53 AM(UTC)
SEV2Support

United Kingdom

toothdoc57, I'll PM you about the details.

Thanks,
Jim
SEV2Support
Use the "Report?" button for inappropriate / misplaced posts and type a quick reason / explanation.
Detailed PC Technical Fault Finding & Support Information - http://sniperelitev2.com....aspx?g=posts&t=1707
AMPSADE  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:49:10 PM(UTC)
AMPSADE

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
i 2 have seen it done on coast only.... it is very hard to explain and is more luck than skill. i wont mention names, but if need be i can describe how its done on coast. pm me
LIFE'S A BITCH.....
GET A DOG
ixi-all-trash  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:25:51 PM(UTC)
ixi-all-trash

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)

GLITCHED AND CHEATED HIS WAY TO TOP. CROSSES MAPS IN NO CROSS GAMES, USES UNSHOOTABLE GLITCH SPOTS. ANYONE SEEN ON HIS TEAM IS ALSO A CHEAT AND SHOULD BE SHUNNED. THIS IP AND CONSOLE SHOULD BE BANNED, HE JUST LAUGHS AT THE "RULES", SAYS WHO CARES ITS JUST A GAME. TEACHES PEOPLE HOW TO CHEAT LIKE HIM.

THE "VOTING" SYSTEM IS A COMPLETE JOKE, THE OTHER TEAM IS BENEFITTING FROM THE CHEATER AND THEREFORE THEY DON'T VOTE. AND THE IDIOT JUST REJOINS IN 15 SECONDS. OTHER MORE ADVANCED SERVERS WON'T ALLOW YOU TO REJOIN ONCE KICKED. THESE SERVERS ARE NO BETTER THAN 1990 SERVERS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, TOTAL AMATEURS...

Edited by moderator Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:38:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

soulreaver 666  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:13:25 PM(UTC)
soulreaver 666

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
ixi all trash do you know demon fish and yza by any chance.??? told me some interesting stories about you !!!!!
crackshot47  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:41:45 PM(UTC)
crackshot47

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 11 post(s)
i've been shown how to do it and would prefer it to be taken out if any of the support team actually play the game i can show them how its done aswell as the rock glitch and the tower....... let be known i don't use them though, never have.
Where is the fun if you can't peek you're head out and not know if its going to get blown off?.... HbH.
SepticSid  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:40:10 PM(UTC)
SepticSid

United Kingdom

I fancy having a go at it, just for the fun it will invoke in a game with the regulars.

I tried the other night but some scotsman kept shooting me lol
crackshot47  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:36:45 PM(UTC)
crackshot47

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 11 post(s)
SepticSid wrote:
I fancy having a go at it, just for the fun it will invoke in a game with the regulars.

who was it?
Where is the fun if you can't peek you're head out and not know if its going to get blown off?.... HbH.
Paul  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:08:46 AM(UTC)
Paul

Cool Hi all I'm new here so thought i would give a big howdy
Jager  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:40:52 AM(UTC)
Jager

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Paul wrote:
Cool Hi all I'm new here so thought i would give a big howdy

Welcome to the madhouse mate!Flapper
I have no idea what I'm doing, but thats
never stopped me before!
SEV2Support  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:59:12 AM(UTC)
SEV2Support

United Kingdom

Sniperfan,

The player you mention (if it is the same person) is a helpful forum member, and has taken time to explain to me what he knows about some of the problems / glitches / exploits.

(I think it unlikely that he is a dedicated cheater. I cannot give any guarantees. Screenshots of scores? Might (s)he be good at the game?)

This forum is the wrong place to name people you think are cheaters. Doing so is very legally questionable, certainly antisocial.

If you really think cheating etc is taking place, do some or all of the following:

1. Vote to kick.
2. Leave game, find another.
3. Report to XBoxLive / PlayStationNetwork.

Regards,

Jim
SEV2Support
thanks 3 users thanked SEV2Support for this useful post.
SniperTezJinny on 2/6/2013(UTC), SepticSid on 2/6/2013(UTC), Jager on 2/6/2013(UTC)
SepticSid  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:06:56 PM(UTC)
SepticSid

United Kingdom

crackshot47 wrote:
SepticSid wrote:

who was it?

There are several, I managed - placed some dynamite next to one and we all had a laugh.

Has this thread had a magic wand waved over it by the tidy forum fairies?
I see no posts by sniperfan lol

Edited by user Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:08:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Crowsy  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:00:16 PM(UTC)
Crowsy

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
SEV2Support wrote:

[size=6]This forum is the wrong place to name people you think are cheaters. Doing so is very legally questionable, certainly antisocial.

Isn't cheating anti-social as well? It would be nice if the game makers took it seriously no?

Naming and shaming might be simplistic but if it is genuine it gives other players the chance to kick 'em out of there games no?