logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
P4NCH0theD0G  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:16:20 AM(UTC)
P4NCH0theD0G

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I don't understand why you cannot use equipment when prone. It was almost the very first thing I tried in the demo, before I take a shot use the trip-wire to secure the building entrance below. So I crawl to the door so that sniper won't see me and keep pressing the button. But I can't do that while crawling. I can't stand either, but that's not a problem.

I don't get it. With the enemy awareness so high, you cannot come close to them unless you crawl, but you can't crawl up to some guys, plant a few surprises, then crawl back to your nest and take your shots. Why?

You can throw grenades while prone, how is that different from sticking a grenade on a string into the ground, or planting a mine? I can see why you'd need to be crouching to attach explosives a feet off the ground, but to put something ON the ground? Why would you need to crouch for that?

In order to see if I might pre-order or not I tried to do things as differently as I could in the demo, and one of that was trying to use the dynamite, landmines and trip-wires to lay ambushes. Or try to. And while I immensely enjoyed planting dynamite at the convoy ambush and leading the sheep into a killzone of my choosing, the fact I could not plant anything while crawling was a constant reminder of something that hampers the gameplay experience I see no reason for.

And I hate that. In any game, but most of all in a game where something like that seems so natural and obvious, that its absence is constantly bugging me like a sliver in my hand.

ch0pp3r  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:24:14 AM(UTC)
ch0pp3r

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 101 post(s)
P4NCH0theD0G wrote:
I don't understand why you cannot use equipment when prone. It was almost the very first thing I tried in the demo, before I take a shot use the trip-wire to secure the building entrance below. So I crawl to the door so that sniper won't see me and keep pressing the button. But I can't do that while crawling. I can't stand either, but that's not a problem.

I don't get it. With the enemy awareness so high, you cannot come close to them unless you crawl, but you can't crawl up to some guys, plant a few surprises, then crawl back to your nest and take your shots. Why?

You can throw grenades while prone, how is that different from sticking a grenade on a string into the ground, or planting a mine? I can see why you'd need to be crouching to attach explosives a feet off the ground, but to put something ON the ground? Why would you need to crouch for that?

In order to see if I might pre-order or not I tried to do things as differently as I could in the demo, and one of that was trying to use the dynamite, landmines and trip-wires to lay ambushes. Or try to. And while I immensely enjoyed planting dynamite at the convoy ambush and leading the sheep into a killzone of my choosing, the fact I could not plant anything while crawling was a constant reminder of something that hampers the gameplay experience I see no reason for.

And I hate that. In any game, but most of all in a game where something like that seems so natural and obvious, that its absence is constantly bugging me like a sliver in my hand.

Good point, hopefully this will be fixed in the full release. I never needed to lay down to plant anything in the demo but i can see me needing to do it in the full game for sure! ThumpUp
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many, to so few.
Winston Churchill 1874-1965

PSN: BrutalBarracuda

Hitler's Reaction to Sniper Elite v2: http://youtu.be/PP0kXDww8l0
BBFaNaTiC86  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:41:56 PM(UTC)
BBFaNaTiC86

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 50 post(s)
You should be able to plant dynamite or drop mines while prone. Laying trip wires like that would take too long, it's much more efficient to do crouched.
P4NCH0theD0G  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:15:46 PM(UTC)
P4NCH0theD0G

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 38 post(s)
It's not the efficiency I'm worried about, it's the stealth aspect. For the demo I tried to approach the first group of soldiers stealthily, getting as close as I can, then set some traps before I go back and take my shots. There are some rises in the street, some small obstacles and the truck, where you can get pretty close to the group without being noticed, but only crawling.

But I couldn't set my traps, because I could not plant anything while prone. And while it was possible to plant some stuff behind cover, it's not very likely anyone would pass there, since it was my side of the cover. Had I tried to deploy anything in the enemies' expected approach, I would have exposed myself instantly.

I would gladly welcome it taking 20 seconds to deploy a trip-wire, as long as I don't need to expose myself having to crouch.