logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Onshonki  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 2:47:11 PM(UTC)
Onshonki

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi guys, I've just been playing for a few days in multiplayer and wonder if anyone has a real preference for a particular rifle set-up and if so, why?

Do you accept more recoil to get more scope zoom or accept more sway for less recoil etc. Does the choice of scope reticle matter much?

Also, if you haven't unlocked everything in single player mode, do you get unlocks for the others in multiplayer mode or must you go back and play some more single player? For example, if you don't have the brass scope for one of the rifles would you have to go play single player with that rifle till you got it?
Creases  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 3:30:58 PM(UTC)
Creases

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 61 post(s)
In single player there weapon parts 1 in the first level and two in levels after, I had heard before release there was unlocks in multiplayer but have not seen any. As far as I know to upgrade weapons you should complete the multiplayer. To get the best weapon you need these upgrades. As for the setup for the perfect rifle it is a matter of balance after that, as in what you are prepared to sacrifice. My personnel choice is zoom and then muzzle velocity, then less recoil. More velocity less drop, more zoom, more correct point of aim, less recoil more of a chance in getting in a more accurate second shot if needed. Would be interesting to see what other players prefer.

Happy hunting.
thanks 1 user thanked Creases for this useful post.
pjburnie on 10/12/2014(UTC)
AKITAS_BRAVE  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 9:13:15 PM(UTC)
AKITAS_BRAVE

Australia

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 24 post(s)
^ I think you meant to say to upgrade weapons you need to complete the campaign. In any event, the choice of rifle is very much a personal thing. I have 3 loadouts - 98K, Mosin Nagant (non-camo), and the Springfield (tuned). All three of these are only available from DLC weapons packs though. When applying the upgrades, I look to maximise zoom because at my age (69)my eyes need all the help they can get. I also try to keep the muzzle velocity as high as possible so as to reduce bullet drop and I also try to keep the scope wobble to a minimum.
The reticle, again, is a matter of personal choice, though I think the reticles with the centre post are a problem for long shots as it makes it a little harder to keep centred. I use the wide duplex reticle on all my rifles.
thanks 2 users thanked AKITAS_BRAVE for this useful post.
pjburnie on 10/12/2014(UTC), Torrus221 on 10/10/2016(UTC)
Onshonki  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 9:41:03 PM(UTC)
Onshonki

Canada

Hmmm, I hadn't looked at DLC. Is the Season Pass worth it do you think? It gives all DLC.

On another point, I know your rifle scope 'glints' and gives your position away to the enemy but what about the binoculars? Do they also 'glint'?

By the way Akitas, I'll be 69 in February. Up till now, I was the oldest guy I'd found on Playstation games like this one. I used to play the Socom series of games till they screwed it up. Then tried Battlefield. Have you heard there is a new game coming from the guy who started the Socom series. The game is called H-Hour.

Edited by user Sunday, October 12, 2014 9:43:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AKITAS_BRAVE  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 8:04:35 AM(UTC)
AKITAS_BRAVE

Australia

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Again, it is a matter of whether you want to play the 3 DLC's.(You can get the weapons packs separately.) The binoculars can glint in the same way the scope does. Never played the SOCOM games.
I am playing on PS4. If you are too, look me up.

Edited by user Monday, October 13, 2014 8:05:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Umadbroxo  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 10:22:48 AM(UTC)
Umadbroxo

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
A lot of the DLC rifles can be equipped to have pretty much the same performance. It's really up to your preferences, playing style and what you feel comfortable with.

It's worth noticing that a headshot is a one shot kill with any rifle. If you can get on target fast and accurately with an M1 then use that even though its got some limitations.

A lot of players just use the M1 or G43 simply because there's Aim Assist and the red diamond right now in public matches at least that's the case on consoles for the moment. I'm playing PS3 and there's a lot of players using those guns even if the holdover at distance is ridiculous and they would never be able to guestimate the shot without assistance. Personally I use the Carcano. My favorite gun in the campaign section and MP is the Lee-Enfield simply because of the power and it really ragsolls people even in MP. But it's far less usable than the Carcano in MP simply due to the massive scope wobble and if you're in a shootout then first shot typically wins. You can get a faster on target shot with the Carcano than the LE.
Of the DLC if you take a M1917 Enfield, bras scope for more zoom, improved barrel and padded stock for less scope wobble and blueprint action for more damage.
If you like the Springfield tuned the a blued scope for more zoom but more scope wobble, fitted stock to negate some scope wobble, advanced barrel for more damage.
The K98 is a less powerful gun than those two and its got less zoom and more scope wobble but it can work great for you it's after all down to personal preferences.
The Mosinn-Nagant and the camo version got the most zoom so if you're really into long range sniping in MP and Campaign then it might be you. I just don
t know what it is but I can't get as fast and as accurately on target with the MN as I can with the Carcano. It's a clear advantage to have more zoom at distance so if you're the guy on top rock on Ghost Town then it might be for you but I think the Carcano is a better overall choice. That's why I'm using it.

What reticle you use is also important. At distance you really don't want the entire target to get filled by the reticle. I use the long range duplex and it's a great fit for the Carcano because the holdover is small and the dots match up with a lot of distances in MP whereas a lot of other reticles are confusing and cluttered.

But the most important thing is consistency in order to improve. You need to use the same gun, same scope and same reticle in order to gain familiarity with your rifle. Remember first shot on target usually wins so if you're really fast with the M1 then use that.

Finally there's a huge drawback to use specialty guns in MP because of their sound signature. It's important at least against good players because you can locate a player given the sound it makes. If you're playing Rat Run MP and you're the only one using a Springfield tuned then it's quite easy to figure out where you're hiding out if one is nearby or if you're hiding inside a house on let's say Hellfire locating the house is real easy because the big boom sound stick out like a sore thumb. You simply can't miss it if you're any good.
thanks 1 user thanked Umadbroxo for this useful post.
Onshonki on 10/13/2014(UTC)
Torrus221  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 5:28:20 PM(UTC)
Torrus221

Thanks, you guys answered a lot of my questions. Hopefully in sniper elite 4, the footwork is cleaned up, meaning he steps in the direction you want him to go. Got killed many times from my hiding spot because of his overstepping. By the way, there is someone on hear who is 71 years of age. My new hereo! He posted 2 years ago. Wish good health to him. He is long time socom guy also. If anybody is playing sniper 3 and recognizes my name from socom please hit me up! Thanks!