logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RamserX  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 12:19:09 AM(UTC)
RamserX

Groups: Registered

I cannot join 90% of the servers that are available.

When i do find a game i can join after the round ends and the new one starts I will get kicked out saying "the connection to the game failed"

can join co op fine, it's purely multiplayer lobbies that cause this

Edited by user Saturday, May 05, 2012 12:28:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RamserX  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 12:33:30 AM(UTC)
RamserX

Hmmmm when i restart the game i can connect to any game just fine but after i attempt to join one game it messes up
PKmartini  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 2:39:28 PM(UTC)
PKmartini

I also can't connect to any multiplayer lobby's. I have tried to allow exceptions through the firewall and even went as far as turning the firewall off. Running game through steam. also friends can't join when invited to a multiplayer game but coop works great.
RamserX  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2012 7:32:25 PM(UTC)
RamserX

PKmartini wrote:
I also can't connect to any multiplayer lobby's. I have tried to allow exceptions through the firewall and even went as far as turning the firewall off. Running game through steam. also friends can't join when invited to a multiplayer game but coop works great.

yea i'm running it through steam, and when i invite them it says server info not available or something like that

And even when i join player hosted game the connection will time out unless i just open it in steam...

Edited by user Saturday, May 05, 2012 7:33:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RamserX  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 06, 2012 7:21:39 PM(UTC)
RamserX

tried uninstalling it and re installing it, no luck, really annoying issue
villethx  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 06, 2012 8:10:42 PM(UTC)
villethx

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Reboot you adsl modem, or set internet wire to different port :-) Try these:-) Oh try but firewall off or f secure or what virus secure u have! But i bet u have problems in internet connection or settings :-)

Edited by user Sunday, May 06, 2012 8:13:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peace Bro! :)

Villethx
SteveHart  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2012 11:05:36 AM(UTC)
SteveHart

Was thanked: 440 time(s) in 181 post(s)
We have a patch coming this week which will address an issue with multiplayer connections - where the player connects to a dedicated server, he is no longer able to connect to a P2P server.

I cannot say for certain that this is the issue you are experiencing, but its likely this is the only bug that could be causing the problems you're getting. Lots of people have MP working fine, albeit with this bug. So you can't rule out potential problems with hardware still.

Thanks,
Steve
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:49:54 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
RamserX wrote:
PKmartini wrote:

yea i'm running it through steam, and when i invite them it says server info not available or something like that

And even when i join player hosted game the connection will time out unless i just open it in steam...

#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:35:12 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
im having this issue too
i can connect to any server, but within 10 seconds i get timed out, and put back to lobby,
i have tired turning the firewalls off, re booting the router, and reinstalling the game, nothing has worked so far

any ideas?
rusjones  
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:57:59 AM(UTC)
rusjones

Like Steve said wait till the patch comes out to see if you problem goes away.. i have it as well..
PKmartini  
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:16:07 PM(UTC)
PKmartini

SteveHart wrote:
We have a patch coming this week which will address an issue with multiplayer connections - where the player connects to a dedicated server, he is no longer able to connect to a P2P server.

I cannot say for certain that this is the issue you are experiencing, but its likely this is the only bug that could be causing the problems you're getting. Lots of people have MP working fine, albeit with this bug. So you can't rule out potential problems with hardware still.

Thanks,
Steve

Patched up and still no go. way worse when you refresh I only see 2 to 3 servers listed now
SteveHart  
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:45:56 PM(UTC)
SteveHart

Was thanked: 440 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Not sure what to suggest. I'm not in the office but can look into this further on Monday>

I would also suggest you contact our tech support guys, as this could get pretty techy.

Send a mail with the details of the problem and your dxdiag printout to sev2_support@rebellion.co.uk

Thanks,
Steve
PKmartini  
#13 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:58:49 PM(UTC)
PKmartini

SteveHart wrote:
Not sure what to suggest. I'm not in the office but can look into this further on Monday>

I would also suggest you contact our tech support guys, as this could get pretty techy.

Send a mail with the details of the problem and your dxdiag printout to sev2_support@rebellion.co.uk

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks Steve. I have a ticket number [Ticket#2012050810000042] I replied yesterday with my dxdiag.txt yesterday, I also went in to router and opened a few ports that I saw the game uses and rebooted router a couple of times and double checked the firewall settings after a reinstall of the game. The very frustrating part is it seems to be only effecting me with our group so that is what has me thinking its a hardware issue. But then again from other forums and here I see I'm not alone.
PKmartini  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:06:56 PM(UTC)
PKmartini

3 days later no reply with any ideas. This is very frustrating. I noticed that if I reboot I can get in server but only if it's the church map. When map rotates I get disconnected and can't get back in.
lentWolf  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:32:36 PM(UTC)
lentWolf

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Don't know if this has been mentioned - but are you running Steam as an Admin? Right click on the the shortcut for Steam, and under the Compatibility tab, check the 'Run this program as an Administrator' box. Click Okay.

Close and re-open Steam. You'll be prompted with a window that says Steam doesn't like to run in Compat mode - just click cancel. Now, every game that Steam opens will automatically be run with Admin access.

This may not fix your problem, at all - but many other FPS (such as BFBC2, CoD:MW, etc) have noted that running as Admin in their games helps with the server browser, performance, etc - so thought I'd mention it. You might also go to pingtest.net, and run a couple tests - make sure you're not experiencing a lot of jitter or packet loss, as this can be a sign of something wrong in your line, which *could* cause issues with the game.

That said - is it ONLY in SEv2 you notice the problem? It's likely not a line issue if you're not having any problems in other games.
PKmartini  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:09:12 PM(UTC)
PKmartini

Thanks for the idea LentW I will give this a try but it is only in Elv2. I loved the single player and I can play in co-op as well. The real bummer is we are running a server and I can't even connect to it.
kimble83  
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2016 1:44:54 PM(UTC)
kimble83

Hello, Just purchased the game through Steam and am having COnnection TIme Out every time I try top connect to a dedicated server. I have opened all router ports required by Sniper Elite 3 and tried disabling Firewall and all Virus Software. Please let me know if there is any fix for this. COnsidering this is the free weekend for the game and I cant even play any multiplayer I see many people online but I cannot connect.